Thursday, October 13, 2011

Blech!

I really should know better, but I guess hope springs eternal. 
I always weigh in first thing on Monday mornings.  I try really hard not to think about whether or not I am actually loosing weight and just focus on living a healthier life style.  But come on, let's face it. The weight is the benchmark.  The physical evidence that you are doing something right.
Anyway,  this week I have really tried hard to start eating right and exercising - I even got up one morning at 5:30 so I could do aerobics. 
So I thought I would cheat a little and check my weight half-way through the week and see how I was doing.  I figured it would give me a little pick-me-up and encourage me to keep working hard. 

Half a pound.

That's it.  For all the effort and sacrifice and sweat so far this week - I have lost 0.4 (that's zero point four) pounds.
Are you serious?!
So now I am trying desperately to not get discouraged.  If that's all the result I get from working hard - then why should I try?
To try to do some damage control I thought of all the things I didn't do that I should have or things I ate that I shouldn't have.  Bad idea.  Now I am discouraged because I THOUGHT I was doing so well and now I realize I wasn't.  Kind of like a runner in a marathon realizing that not only has he only gone 50 feet from the starting line - he has been walking instead of running. 

Ok. 
Deep breath.

If we are to continue with the marathon  analogy - I still have 26.19999999 miles to go, but I have started.  I'm not just sitting on my butt back at the starting line munchin' on a donut and watching other people run by. 
No more weighing in mid-week!
Now, back to the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment